Recipe by l0ve2c00k
This is a very tasty recipe. I had to adapt it a little, my hubby is a white boy from PA and is not used to latin food. Serve with red beans and ripe plantains.
Top Review by babycakes827
You go girl. This is exactly how I make my recipe being a boricua as well. The only suggestion I have is you should maybe add some chorizo, ham and some olives. I also cook it with beer.
- 4-7 chicken pieces
- 236.59 ml rice
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml sofrito sauce
- 473.18 ml water
- 0.59 ml sazon goya con culantro y achiote
- 9.85 ml adobo seasoning
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 4.92 ml tomato paste
- 4.92 ml cilantro
- chopped fresh cilantro (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5 qt pot, heat olive oil and sofrito.
- Add chicken, cook until light golden.
- Add water, sazon, adobo, chicken bouillon, tomato paste and cilantro.
- Cover and cook until chicken is done.
- When chicken is done, remove from pot and set aside.
- Add rice to same water you cooked chicken inches
- Cook rice as normal.
- When done, add chicken and cover. Leave for about 10 minutes.
- garnish with cilantro leaves. You can also add roasted bell peppers for garnish.