Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a Family Circle Magazine years ago. I use to make variations of it for my kids when they were little. These cookies are gooey and fun to make! Don't forget the milk!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks softened) or 1 cup margarine (2 sticks softened)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (4 ounce) packagejell-o instant pudding mix (see variations below for flavors)
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (see variations)
- 1 cup chopped nuts, walnuts work well (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350º F. with mixer beat wet ingredients until light and fluffy. In separate bowl stir together by hand flour, baking soda and Jell-O. Gradually add flour mix to wet ingredients mixing until smooth scraping bowl often. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop dough with a tablespoon on baking sheets coated with non-stick spray or parchment paper.
- Bake in pre-heated oven 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on baking sheets, then remove to wire racks to cool completely. (if you can wait!
- Try vanilla pudding with chocolate chips, chocolate pudding with peanut butter chips or white chocolate chips.
- Pistachio pudding with chopped pistachio nuts. Have fun!