Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies melt in your mouth. The pudding makes the texture so smooth and delicious. It's funny, these cookies were originally suppossed to be made with vanilla pudding, but I made a mistake and put in chocolate pudding and they were wonderful! If you're in the mood for chocolate then makes sure to use chocolate pudding instead of vanilla!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix or (3 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips (more or less to taste)
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Mix flour and baking soda and set aside.
- Then combine margarine, sugars, vanilla, and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Then stir in chips (batter will be stiff).
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet.
- (it works well to roll dough in ball and slightly flatten).
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yield: 48 medium sized cookies. I'm on the fence with these cookies! I gave this 4 stars because this recipe delivered everything it said it would in that the cookies were very moist. I followed the recipe exactly (I used an entire 12 oz pkg of white choc chips, chocolate fudge pudding mix, and I put chopped walnuts in). I also did as suggested and made this into balls and gently pushed on them before cooking the recommended 8 minutes. They came out of the oven smelling and looking great! They are moist on the inside with and nice texture to them. My only issue with these cookies is that I felt they were lacking in taste. I'm not sure if this is from the chocolate pudding or what. Don't get me wrong... these taste good, I guess from the looks and smell of them I just expected more flavor. I am going to make these again using regular choc chips and the vanilla pudding.Reply
These are amazing. I use jello double fudge pudding mix. I baked them for 8 minutes. They still looked raw when I took them out but they harden up and they're perfect in about a minute or so. I've tried the vanilla and they were okay... good chocolate chip cookie. I would make these over and over with the fudge.Reply