Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
This kind of stuff was a lunch staple during my college days in Edinburgh.
Make and share this Pub Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef or 2 lbs ground pork
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 6 fluid ounces no-salt-added ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons pub mustard (Recipezaar recipe ID #19094)
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 (12 ounce) bottlesnewcastle brown ale (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine one bottle of beer, and more depending if you are doubling or tripling, onion, ketchup, and chili powder, and cook for about 6- 7 minutes.
- Then add ground beef, Pub Mustard, salt and pepper, and cook slowly for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour a glass of ale for everyone, and serve on hearty bread.