Recipe by Dolly K
This recipe was given to me by someone I worked with. He told me that his wife makes this & everyone loves it. He was VERY right. When I go to party's and I have to bring something my friends ask me to make this recipe and it always disappears. I hope you enjoy this as much as all my friends do.
- 3⁄4-1 lb provolone cheese, sliced thin (divide in 3's)
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened so that is very spreadable.
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (7 ounce) container pesto sauce
- 1 loaf Italian bread or 1 loaf French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- You will need: Loaf Pan (91/2 X5 1/2) and Cloth Napkin (Dampened).
- Drain the roasted peppers and pat them dry, chop into small pieces.
- Once the cream cheese has softened add the crushed garlic and mix well, along a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Pesto sauce should be stirred several time so it will not separate as you divide the pesto.
- Take the damp cloth napkin and line the loaf pan.
- Make sure your push the napkin into the corners as much as possible.
- Then Layer: (Spread each item out ot the edges as much as possible).
- 1/3 of provolone (lay the cheese on the bottom of the loaf pan and then do the sides & ends making sure you get the corners. Make sure that the cheese is overlapping the sides of the loaf pan).
- 1/3 of the Pesto Sauce (thin layer).
- 1/2 of the Roasted Red Peppers.
- 1/2 of the Cream Cheese Repeat this sequence once, then end with Pesto and Provolone last.
- Wrap with the overlap of the cloth napkin, cover pan with saran wrap and refrigerate overnite.
- Turn out onto platter.
- Remove the napkin (the napkin will be oily).
- Garnish with Fresh Basil or Parsley.
- Using a spreader cut into the loaf and spread it onto the bread.
- Serve with Italian or French Bread.