Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Simple, Delicious Chicken Pot Pie. The Parmesan really brings it together.
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 -2 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large onions, Minced
- 3 garlic cloves, Minced
- 8 ounces fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika or 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 pie crusts
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Heat Olive Oil in large oven proof skillet.
- Add the garlic, onion, celery and carrots and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the Chicken to the skillet and brown on either side, remove from heat.
- Add Chicken Broth, salt, pepper and bay leaf to the skillet.
- Cook chicken in oven for 45-60 minutes (or until cooked).
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from skillet and chop.
- Place Skillet on stovetop and boil off excess chicken broth.
- Return chicken to the skillet, add Cream of Chicken Soup, Parmesan Cheese and chili powder and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into two pie crusts and use the other two pie crusts as the topping.
- At this point you can either freeze you pies or brush the crusts with the beaten egg.
- Place in 350 degree oven for half-hour (or until bubbling).