Recipe by Rhonda O
Another Great Recipe from my Brother Bill in Washngton State.
Top Review by laughstv
I love this recipe and so do all the dozens of people I have made it for over the last couple of years. I make this at least 6 times a year, for every holiday, every family get-together, neighbor parties, etc. Everyone always asks about the crust and are delighted to hear it's made out of pretzels. Can't go wrong with this one, making it again today actually. Note: I use 1 stick of margarine instead of 1 1/2 and I don't use egg beaters. If you're thinking of making this, do it, you and those you share it with will love it! Guaranteed.
- 2 1⁄2 cups pretzels, chopped coarsely
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (9 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (6 ounce) box raspberry Jell-O gelatin or 2 (3 ounce) boxes raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- CRUST- mix ingredients and spread into the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- FILLING- Blend together; cream cheese, egg beaters, and powered sugar.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Make sure it goes well into the corners to seal so topping does not run into crust.
- TOPPING-Mix Jello and hot water.
- Allow to thicken some.
- Add raspberries.
- Spoon on top.
- Chill until thickened.