Prep 1 hr
Cook 4 hrs
Great strawberry dessert that perfectly mixes the sweet and (slightly) salty taste combination! Not sure where this came from, but it's been passed around the family for quite a few years now. Contains: Pretzels, strawberries, whipped topping, strawberry cream cheese & strawberry jello.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels (not fine)
- 3⁄4 cup margarine (melted)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces soft strawberry cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 ounces whipped topping
- 6 ounces strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 cups boiling water
- 16 ounces frozen strawberries (no syrup)
- Dissolve jello in water and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt margarine in small pan, add 3 tablespoons sugar, mix and then add crushed pretzels. Mix until well coated and pour into 9 x 13 pan and spread out to coat bottom. Bake in oven for 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix cream cheese and 12 oz. whipped topping and then add 1 cup sugar. Mix well and then pour on top of pretzel mix. Spread evenly in pan and "seal" mix to edge of pan to protect pretzel mix below.
- Cut strawberries in half lengthwise and put on top of whipped topping mixture, slightly pushing into mix to hold them in place. Carefully pour jello mix on top of mixture.
- Cover pan and refrigerate for at least 4 hours until jello sets up.
- Be sure to cut through pretzel mix when serving.
I'm a died-in-the-wool jello (AND strawberry AND pretzel) fan, so . . . ! I realize it's not the healthiest thing for me to eat, but it's still ONE GREAT DESSERT, oh, yes ~ we really enjoyed the use of pretzels here! AND, it's something out of the ordinary, in my book, so I'll be keeping it on hand! Thanks so much for sharing a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees at the tail end of the current Pick A Chef]