Recipe by ctrmom
I make this classic Betty Crocker recipe every President's Day for my family. I know. George Washington didn't chop down a cherry tree, but I cannot tell a lie. This recipe is just the thing to warm you on a cold winter night. It is especially nice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream melting into it.
Top Review by MTpockets
I made this for dessert as a treat for my husband and I. Wow, this was really good. It doesn't get any easier than this. I followed the recipe exactly as written and I honestly don't think I'd change a thing. Even the bake time/temp was perfect. I served this with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream while it was still hot... Delish! This one will definitely be made again. :) Thank you! (Tagged for Think Pink '09)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling (Comstock's More Fruit is very nice.)
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a square pan (8x8) with non-stick spray and empty the can of cherries into it.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients thoroughly. Sprinkle over cherries. (There seems to be a lot, but use it all. It shrinks while cooking.).
- Bake 30 minutes at 375 degrees.