Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Enjoy a classic Spanish tapas dish with this simple recipe for gloriously garlicky prawns.
- 4 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 dried red chili
- 1 kg cooked peeled prawns
- Pour the olive oil into a heatproof earthenware ramekin. Heat the ramekin on a hob until hot.
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook, stirring often, until the garlic is fragrant. Take care not to let the garlic burn,
- Add the prawns, mixing in well, and season with salt.
- Cover the ramekin, cook for half a minute then remove from the heat.
- Serve at once.
I served this recipe for Sunday dinner. We loved it. I used raw prawns - only sprayed the pan with oil and cooked the prawns with the garlic & chili - only for about 3 minutes , Served with rice, broccoli & cauliflower
wow these prawns are outstanding! I didn't have any dried red chili, so I used red pepper flakes, just the right heat and oh sooo garlicy!! wonderful flavour and I sure will be making these again soon! Very quick and easy to do. thanks for sharing a real keeper.