Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a simple and delicious recipe.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 8 large marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 cup pecans, whole or chopped
- Combine sugar, milk and marshmallows in a heavy 4-quart saucepan; cook over medium heat to the soft ball stage (230*), stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Beat until creamy.
- Add pecans; beat just until mixture begins to thicken.
- Working rapidly, drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto lightly buttered waxed paper; cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
- I like to wrap mine up each in foil.