Sweet Potatoes With Pecan Praline Streusel
photo by MommyMakes
- Ready In:
- Wash and skin potatoes, chop into large chunks.
- Boil potatoes until tender and mash.
- Stir in butter, cinnamon, brown sugar and mini marshmallows to taste.
- Mix in a separate bowl, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and pecans, drizzle melted butter over mixture and stir to moisten, mixture should resemble chunky crumbs.
- Pour potatoes mixture into casserole dish and cover with a thin layer of mini-marshmallows.
- Top with pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for thanksgiving this year and it was delicious (I am eating some of the leftovers as I type and it is still good several days later...). Some of the family members like marshmallows on their sweet potatoes and some don't so I decided to make this without the marshmallows. I really don't see how they could improve upon the flavor! I misread the directions and accidently put in 1/2 c. of brown sugar in the potatoes. After I re-read the directions, I scraped out as much of the sugar in to the streusel, but I suspect there was more in there than 2 tablespoons. Loved it, this won't be just a holiday dish in my family.