Recipe by Laudee
I cut this recipe out of the Denver Rocky Mountain News Food Section 30-some years ago. I've made it every Thanksgiving and Christmas since. It's quick and simple to prepare (right on the stove), and a nice addition to a big dinner.
Top Review by Just Cher
Oh I wish I could give more than 5 stars. This recipe is a real treat. I made this with my Christmas fare and it got fantastic reviews. I did use fresh yams that I par boiled for about 10 minutes before putting in my casserole dish. Everything else I followed as directed and we were quite pleased with the results. Excellent recipe! Thank you!
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oleo
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (15 ounce) can yams (Bruce's brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat yams, in their liquid, till hot.
- Keep hot on low heat while you mix up Praline sauce.
- Mix together the brown sugar, heavy cream, butter/oleo, pecans, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat till mixture comes to a gentle boil.
- Keep hot on low burner while you drain liquid off yams.
- Place yams in serving bowl.
- Pour hot Praline sauce over yams.
- Serve and enjoy!