Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is now one of my family's traditional Thanksgiving desserts, and is a nice and easy alternative to pumpkin pie.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix (preferably Betty Crocker Super Moist)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 13x9 rectangular pan.
- Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Drizzle butter evenly over top.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until knife comes out clean. Watch closely, the pecans may burn so you might want to cover with tin foil.
- Cool at least 1 1/2 hours before serving.