Poulet Basquaise (Basque Style Chicken)
- Dust the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour. Heat the oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat and fry the chicken pieces until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat, add the onions, peppers, and cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes, until softened and golden. Stir in the garlic, paprikas and prosciutto and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan, pour in the wines, water, and the tomatoes. Stir in the thyme and the olives and season to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover the pan and cook for 35-40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and the sauce is rich and thick.
- While chicken is simmering, cut the ready-made polenta into 1 inch slices. In a frying pan, heat olive oil then fry garlic for 3-5 minutes. Remove garlic from oil and discard. Fry the slices and when golden and crisp, garnish with fresh parsley. Serve along with chicken.