Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
In 'From the Ground Up' by James Villas
Make and share this Potted Shrimp Spread recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat; add the scallions and bay leaf, and stir until soft.
- Add the shrimp and salt and pepper to taste; stir until the shrimp are pink, about 3 minutes.
- Add the sherry, increase the heat, and boil until almost all the liquid is evaporated.
- Discard the bay leaf, transfer the shrimp to a cutting board and finely dice.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining 5 tablespoons butter and the cream cheese and stir until well blended and smooth.
- Add the shrimp, scallion mixture, lemon juice, and chives and stir until well blended.
- Scrape the spread into a 1 1/2 cup crock and chill for at least 2 hours before serving with crackers or toast points.