Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this in Taste of Home Magazine. Made it for a family dinner and everyone had second helpings. Very tasty with a little of everything in it.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons onions (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cups cooked chicken (cubed)
- 3 cups long grain rice (cooked)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 2 ounces pimientos (drained)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup corn flakes (coarsley crushed)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in three tablespoons of butter until tender.
- Stir in flour until thoroughly combined.
- Gradually add milk; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for two miutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add chicken, rice, celery, peas, pimientos, lemon juice, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Spoon into an ungreased 13x9 inch baking dish sprayed with pam.
- Melt remaining butter; toss with cornflakes. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.