Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an interesting-sounding recipe from Scandinavia, Courtesy of Tina Nordstrom. Posted for Zaar World Tour II.
- 1 lb potato, newly boiled
- 3⁄4 cup fresh dill, stems removed
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1⁄2 lb smoked salmon
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1 lemon, juice of
- sugar, to taste
- 1 dash freshly ground nutmeg
- Cut the eggs and potatoes in half. Cut the salmon in big chunks. Slice the fennel as thinly as you can. Place the potatoes, dill, eggs, fennel and salmon in a big bowl. Drizzle dressing on all and gently toss.
- DRESSING: Mix the lemon juice and the cream and stir carefully until the cream thickens. It is important that you stir -- and not whisk! Season with salt, pepper, sugar and ground nutmeg.
This is simply delicious and very quick and easy to make. I had to leave out the fennel as I couldn't find any. Next time I find some I will make this recipe again with the fennel in it. This is a keeper!!!