Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are very good, low-fat potatoes. You can make your own chaat masala by mixing equal parts cinnamon, mace, cayenne and chili powder.
- 4 potatoes, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/3 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chat masala
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine potatoes with the oil, using your hands, until potatoes are lightly oiled.
- Place in roasting pan and roast, turning frequently, for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt, lemon juice and scallions, and toss. Sprinkle with chaat masala and serve.
I thought I would like this recipe, but I was surprised by just how much! It was delicious!! I especially loved the hint of cinnamon. I will be making these potatoes for years to come. Thank you for posting. Made for the Golden Gourmets during the ZWT 7.
These are yummy potatoes that my whole family enjoyed! I added an extra potato and forgot to increase everything else, but they still turned out fantastic. Thanks! Made for Zaar Tag.
A delicious potato dish that I will be making many times again - thanks for this Mary! I have my own Chat Masala mix that I make and that is what I used for these spuds. The spring onions were a lovely choice of onions.......very easy and tasty recipe. Made for Holiday Tag. Thanks - FT:-)