Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
(Patatas Con Alcaparras Y Eneldo) Note: An interesting variation on potato salad (the dressing includes orange juice, capers, and fresh dill) and always a good addition to a tapas menu.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, preferably red waxy
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 4 teaspoons small capers
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper, Freshly ground
- to taste fresh dill, for garnish
- Boil the potatoes in their skins in salted water until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the dressing. In a small bowl mix together the oil, lemon juice, orange juice, onion, parsley, dill, capers, salt, and pepper. Let sit at room temperature.
- Drain the potatoes, cool briefly, skin, then cut in slices about 1/8 inch thick.
- Arrange in layers in a serving dish, pouring some of the dressing over each layer and sprinkling with salt.
- Marinate for several hours at room temperature, carefully turning occasionally with a metal spatula.
- Serve at room temperature, decorated with a sprig of dill.
- [May be prepared ahead]
I finally made this potato salad yesterday and I'm sorry I waited so long. It is very flavorful and different from any other potato salads I've tried. I used less olive oil, but that's just a personal preference. My recommendation would be to be sure the potatoes are well salted, other than that I wouldn't change anything. Thanks James.