Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple dish as so many Portuguese recipes are, non the less interesting and tasty. Serve with plain cooked chicken, omelets or egg dishes. makes a good supper dish. This is an authentic recipe from the Alentejo region.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 ounce parsley, chopped
- Boil the potatoes till tender, drain and slice them.
- Fry the onion in the oil till soft, but, no browned. Set aside. Keep warm.
- Fry the bacon till crisp.
- Add the potatoes and cook till brown on both sides.
- gently stir in the onions and parsley, warm through and serve.
- Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
Great side dish! Served this with pit bbq'd deer, beans, and cornbread. Platter was clean as there was nothing left...will make this again. :) PAC Spring '07