Recipe by TrebleClef
A more healthy version of this would be with chopped ham and 4 TBSP extra virgin olive oil, or simply omit the meat all together for a more traditional taste (you will still need the oil). Great for Sunday breakfast, or an easy dinner side!
Top Review by Monstre Dame
Found this recipe while I was looking for a quick and easy dish with baby reds. My only change was that I cooked the potatoes first before any of the other veggies since the potatoes take much longer to fry up. That way, the other vegetables came out nice & colorful & crisp instead of burning them while waiting for the potatoes to cook.
- 1 lb baby red potato, cubed
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 pieces bacon, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry chopped bacon on med-high heat to desired crispness.
- Remove bacon pieces from pan, drain on paper towels, and set aside.
- Discard all but 4 TBSP bacon grease. Add veggies to pan and fry until potatoes are tender and golden brown,
- stirring frequently.
- Add bacon pieces to veggies again and stir a few more times, so bacon is warm.
- Serve and enjoy!