Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a nice change to potatoes--it makes a hearty dish.
- 5 lbs potatoes (peeled and cut into large chunks)
- 1 large onion, cut into strips
- 1 lb Canadian bacon (this should come in sandwich slice then cut int chunks)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups milk (see note below)
- 1⁄2 cup Shedd Spread Country Crock
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Put potatoes, onions and Canadian bacon in large roasting pan.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the flour.
- Then toss all together to evenly distribute the items together.
- Pour milk into roasting pan until it get to be about 3/4 up the way to the potatoes.
- Dot with the Shedd Spread Country Crock.
- Bake in the over for about and hour or until looks like it is almost absorbed all the milk.
- Then top with Swiss cheese. Bake again till it is all melted.
- Let sit outside of oven for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with nice salad.
Very good! I made this with new garden potatoes, which may be the reason that I had it in the oven almost 2 hours before the potatoes got tender! But this was a nice mild dish to serve with Grilled Lime Chicken (by Gailanng). I did not use bacon in this recipe, but I'm sure that would be delish!
Loved it! Made this again but this time I used a wider pan so the potatoes would all be in the milk. They were delicious Thanks Kittycara!
These potatos are really tasty. I used Vidalia onion and doubled the cheese... yum! Will make again for sure! Thanks Kit!