This is a different, but super combo, the taste is fantastic, I am quite sure that you will love this recipe. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups zucchini, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon or 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 cups milk or 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 3 cups cooked peeled and sliced potatoes
- 1set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2butter a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 3In a med saucepan, cook zucchini in water 5 minutes or until tender; drain, set aside.
- 4In saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and bouillon.
- 5Gradually stir in milk.
- 6Cook and stir until bouillon dissolves and sauce thickens.
- 7Remove from heat; add cheeses, pimiento and thyme.
- 8Stir until cheese melts.
- 9In baking dish, layer 1/2 potatoes, zucchini and sauce.
- 10Repeat layers.
- 11Bake uncovered, 25 minutes, or until bubbly.
- 12Top with onions, bake 2 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potatoes and Zucchini Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.4
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 43.5 mg
- Sodium 253.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 9.4 g