Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
Martha Stewart Living Sep. '05
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for baking sheet
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick rounds (3 inches in diameter each, about 3/4 pound total)
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut crosswise into 8 slices (1/2 pound)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush a baking sheet with oil; set aside. Stir thyme, oil, and salt in a medium bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Arrange potatoes on prepared baking sheet, overlapping slices slightly in a spiral to make 4 rounds (about 5 inches in diameter each). Add tomatoes to bowl with remaining oil mixture; turn to coat. Place 2 tomato slices on top of each potato round. Bake until potatoes are tender and edges are beginning to brown, 15 to 22 minutes. Garnish with thyme sprigs.