Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: We love to have people over and have found that making filling appetizers are the best way to go. You can eat these while standing and socializing or sitting watching the games. They can be made ahead of time and frozen, then pulled out and popped into the oven or refried to serve.
- 16 egg roll wraps
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crispy and diced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- Cook bacon, reserve 1 Tbls dripppings for dip, use the rest of the drippings to saute potatoes for about 5 minutes. Put potatoes, drained of excess grease, into a bowl. Stir in spinach, red peepper, bacon, onions, goat cheese, Greek Seasoning and salt. Let that cool while you mix together the dip. In a food processor, put the dip ingredients in and pulse, about 2 minutes, until you get a nice creamy mixture. Refrigerate until your ready to use.
- Heat oil to 350. While that is heating take out your wrappers. Take a wrapper, lightly wet the outer edges of wrapper with water so that the wrappers will stick together when rolled, and put 1/2 cup of potato mixture in it and roll according to the directions on the package. Put aside until all the eggrolls are filled. Fry eggrolls for approx 5 minutes or until golden brown. Let them drain and rest on a paper towel until all the eggrolls are cooked. Do not overcrowd eggrolls in the oil. I have a Fry Daddy and it usually fits 4 to 5 at a time. Serve cut on a diagonal with your dip.
OMG!!!!!! What a great recipe. I make a lot of egg rolls and our friends love them, but this recipe really wowed them, especially our vegetarian friends. I have more in the freezer for this weekend, can't wait. A fantastic recipe!
A wonderful recipe! Perfect matching of flavors and textures. It is worth the effort to take a morning & make lots because they are so easy to freeze and grab as many as needed when unforseen guests are coming or when you need to bring something for a get together.
A true keeper of a recipe!
Wonderful recipe, I love the combination of ingredients...yummy!