Spinach and Goat Cheese Hashbrowns Nests
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: When we saw the simply potatoes contest we immediately thought of making potato nests. They are delicious and simple to make, the spinach and the goat cheese gives them a nice creaminess. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper (optional)
- cooking spray
- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven at 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix Simply Potatoes Hashbrowns with 4 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and lemon pepper. Mix well making sure the potatoes are coated with oil.
- Spray a non-stick 12 cup- muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Carefully arrange hashbrowns evenly in each muffin cup, pressing the sides and forming a small well in the center.
- Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes, until they start to brown lightly. Set aside. Reset the over to 375°F.
- In the mean time, squeeze water out of t he spinach and sauté in remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil, until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 6-8 minutes. Add sundried tomatoes, a pinch of salt and a pinch of garlic powder. Cook at medium heat for an additional 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese and milk and mix well until smooth and creamy.
- In a medium size bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt. Add goat cheese and spinach-sundried tomato mixture. Mix well.
- Fill the potato cups with the egg mixture and bake at 400F for 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before un molding. Un mold carefully using a butter knife around the sides of the nests.