Green Onion Blinis With Red Pepper Relish and Goat Cheese
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. Crispy creamy potato cakes topped with tart goat cheese and sweet roasted red bell pepper. Little bites of heaven! Make approximately 1 dozen.
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 large green onion, chopped into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons milk (or more if needed)
- 1 large red bell pepper (or used jar of roasted red bell pepper)
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1⁄3 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- dill sprigs (for garnish)
- Turn the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil your bell pepper on all sides. I like to cut mine in half and put them on foil lined baking sheet, cut side down. Bake until skin is blackened and loose. Allow pepper to cool and peel skin. Chop into very small pieces (like pickle relish).
- Whip the soft goat cheese, sour cream and lemon juice in a smooth consistency. Add salt to taste. Set in the refrigerator.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or pan to medium heat. Mix the Simply Potatoes mashed potatoes, flour, egg, baking powder, and sour cream to a smooth consistency. Add enough milk to make a pancake like batter. Mix in the green onions. (No need to salt the batter as Simply Potatoes is already seasoned unless you wish to.) Spoon one tablespoon of batter onto pan, as many as you can handle at one time. When bubbles form then pop, flip the pancake. Cook each side to golden brown.
- To plate your blinis, top with a dollop of goat cheese cream and a small amount of roasted red pepper relish and a sprig of dill. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 35 more