1/1 Photo of Potato Soup
This is a very tasty and delicous soup, easy to make and not hard on the budget!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bacon, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups chicken stock, enough to cover potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until done.
- 2Remove bacon from pan, and set aside.
- 3Drain off all but 1/4 cup of the bacon grease.
- 4In the bacon grease remaining in the pan, saute the celery and onion until onion begins to turn clear.
- 5Add the garlic, and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 6Add the cubed potatoes, and toss to coat.
- 7Saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 8Return the bacon to the pan, and add enough chicken stock to just cover the potatoes.
- 9Cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- 10In a separate pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- 11Whisk in the flour.
- 12Cook stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 13Whisk in the heavy cream, tarragon and cilantro.
- 14Bring the cream mixture to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- 15Stir the cream mixture into the potato mixture.
- 16Puree about 1/2 the soup, and return to the pan.
- 17Adjust seasonings to taste.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.4
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 94.3 mg
- Sodium 715.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 15.3 g