This is a very tasty and delicous soup, easy to make and not hard on the budget!
Make and share this Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb bacon, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups chicken stock, enough to cover potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until done.
- Remove bacon from pan, and set aside.
- Drain off all but 1/4 cup of the bacon grease.
- In the bacon grease remaining in the pan, saute the celery and onion until onion begins to turn clear.
- Add the garlic, and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cubed potatoes, and toss to coat.
- Saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Return the bacon to the pan, and add enough chicken stock to just cover the potatoes.
- Cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour.
- Cook stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the heavy cream, tarragon and cilantro.
- Bring the cream mixture to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir the cream mixture into the potato mixture.
- Puree about 1/2 the soup, and return to the pan.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.