Easy, Creamy Potato Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Easy and very creamy soup with taste! Great served with grilled cheese sandwiches. Will satisfy even the meat lovers in your family.
- Ready In:
- 5 -6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 - 1 lb bacon
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn kernels or 3/4 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Fry bacon until crisp (see recipe #242966 for homemade bacon bit tips). Remove to paper towels to drain. Reserve bacon grease.
- Meanwhile, boil potatoes in a large dutch oven in water; do not add salt! Drain.
- Pour reserved bacon grease into empty dutch oven; saute onion and garlic in reserved bacon grease until onion is lightly browned.
- Add flour to the sauted onion mixture, stirring to evenly brown; add cream and stir constantly until mixture thickens; add chicken broth and stir until bubbly.
- Stir potatoes, corn and crumbled bacon into the soup; add butter, salt and pepper to taste. (you may not need salt. Bacon is very salty) Simmer until butter is melted and stirred into soup.
- Add milk at little at a time if soup is too thick for your tastes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Oh, this was so delicious-- and I'm picky! I like my potato soup creamy and not thin or watery and this fit the bill perfectly. I used heavy whipping cream, and instead of bacon (I'm all bacon'ed out in my life right now) I used browned Jimmy Dean sausage. When I drained the potato water, I added chicken bouillon and used that as my broth. I halved the garlic (personal preference--I like to be able to kiss my husband) and added the optional butter. I didn't think it needed any added salt at, but i peppered the heck out of it-- again, personal preference. Simply divine. Thank you so much! I'm so thrilled with it!Reply
see 13 more