Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have not tried this, but found it in a Potato Board Pamphlet.
- 1 1⁄3 lbs potatoes (red or white, 4 medium)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard (or hot-sweet mustard)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut unpeeled potatoes in half, then slice 1/4 inch thick.
- In 3 quart saucepan, cover potatoes with water. Add salt and heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until potatoes are almost tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add beans. Cover and cook 3 or 4 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender. Drain thoroughly and cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk mustard, vinegar, and oil until thoroughly blended and smooth.
- Add onion, potatoes, and beans to dressing. Toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I made this as a side for dinner for me and my husband. He is fairly picky and he really liked this. It also looks more attractive than an ordinary potato salad with the green beans.