1/4 Photos of Potato Salad With Capers, Kalamata Olives and Artichoke Hearts
From our local newspaper. Use any thin skinned potatoes with a lower starch content. Can be served warm or chilled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs red potatoes or 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1In a large pot of boiling water cook the potatoes until fork tender.
- 2Drain and set aside to cool. Once cooled, cut up into chunks. If you wish, you can peel the potatoes before cutting up into chunks.
- 3Add the potatoes to a salad bowl. Pour the vegetable broth over the potatoes and stir gently to coat.
- 4Add the fresh parsley, kalamata olives, vinegar, green onion, capers and garlic. Toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5To serve warm, allow salad to sit for 30 minutes or chill to serve cold.
- 6Just before serving, adjust seasonings if necessary.
- 7Servings are estimated.
- 8For Vegetarain option omit the chicken broth and use Vegetable broth.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Salad With Capers, Kalamata Olives and Artichoke Hearts
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 155.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar