Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From our local newspaper. Use any thin skinned potatoes with a lower starch content. Can be served warm or chilled.
- 2 lbs red potatoes or 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed, unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup marinated artichoke, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of boiling water cook the potatoes until fork tender.
- Drain and set aside to cool. Once cooled, cut up into chunks. If you wish, you can peel the potatoes before cutting up into chunks.
- Add the potatoes to a salad bowl. Pour the vegetable broth over the potatoes and stir gently to coat.
- Add the fresh parsley, kalamata olives, artichokes, olive oil, vinegar, green onion, capers and garlic. Toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve warm, allow salad to sit for 30 minutes or chill to serve cold.
- Just before serving, adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Servings are estimated.
- For Vegetarain option omit the chicken broth and use Vegetable broth.
Haven't made it yet, I assume you add the chopped artichokes with the rest of the ingredients. Seem to be left out of the directions.
I LOVED this at first. Unfortunately I made a huge batch (even cutting the recipe in half) for just two people so I ended up getting really tired of it. My fiance however did not like it (he prefers a more mayo-based potato salad). I'd probably make it again but I would definitely cut the recipe WAY down.
1 million stars would not be enough for this recipe! this is the best potato salad that i have eaten since my mother died, hers was delicious. this potato salad was so flavorful with bright pops of flavor and textures from the olives, green onions, artichokes and capers. i brought, it to a brunch party and everyone loved it. thanks so much Cookgirl.