Recipe by Susan H in New York
The secret is in the type of Potato, which is dry and absorbs the flavor of the dressing. Letting it sit overnight imparts the flavor to the Potatoes.
Top Review by Chef Sunshine
Hi susan, it is me again. I feel silly, I don't think I have posted my potato salad recipe yet. But I will soon. I am inschool, so when I get time, I will. sorry about that.
- 5 lbs idaho potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip (Salad Dressing)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 medium onions (minced)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil Potatoes in their skin till cooked. Cool and peel.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together (Miracle Whip, mayonnaise, onions and vinegar). Depending on preference, you can make more dressing; the Mayo to Miracle Whip ratio is 2-1.
- When Potatoes are peeled, cut into bite sized chunks.
- Layer dressing and Potatoes as you cut them.
- Lightly toss till Potatoes are covered in dressing.
- Cover and let sit in fridge overnight to absorb flavors.