Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
A great way to use up mashed potatoes. After cooking these may be frozen and reheated for later use.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- cooking oil
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Stir in beaten eggs, chives and mashed potatoes.
- Mix well.
- Heat cooking oil to 365 degrees F.
- Drop potato by the teaspoonsful into hot oil.
- Cook 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on paper toweling.
My family loved these.A great way to use left over mashed potatoes. Thanks for the great recipe. :o)
Quick, easy and tasty. Halved the recipe and I ended up with 8 smallish puffs. A nice and different side dish.
Nice, quick and easy side. I used green onions and parmisian cheese in mine. Very versitile recipe. I'll use it again in a variety of ways.