Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
creamy soup without the cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups leeks (white part only chopped, about 2 leeks)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups potatoes (diced)
- Melt half the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add leeks and onions. Saute 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in chicken stock, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer another 5 minute.
- Melt remaining butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour cook 2-3 minutes, dont brown flour.
- Add to soup mixture stirring constantly.
- Cook soup until it returns to a boil and thickens.
- Add potatoes; cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Place batches of micture in blender and blend til smooth.
Great creamy soup. This is a super yummy basic recipe. I couldn't believe how easy it was, and the dinner was great. What's so great about it is that you can basically add anything you desire to customize it. Thanks for a great recipe. Made for the Aussie/NZ Aug 2008 Recipe Swap.