1 hr 5 mins
Gerry sans Sanddunes's Note:
A tasty, winter-warmer-upper, this lasagna uses thinly-sliced potatoes intead of pasta. The recipe comes from Canada's FOODLAND ONTARIO. (Your onion, garlic and potatoes do not have to be former Ontario residents but ...)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium potatoes (2 lbs/1kg, peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded cheese (mix up Cheddar, Swiss, and Mozzarella for company, cheddar will do for family)
- 1In a large skillet, cook beef, garlic and onion over medium heat, breaking up the meat with a spoon.
- 2After about 10 minutes- or when the meat is cooked through- drain off any fat.
- 3Stir in the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- 4In a bowl, toss potatoes with flour and oil.
- 5Spread half the potato slices in the bottom of a shallow 8-cup (2L) baking dish.
- 6Spoon half the meat sauce evenly over the potatoes and top with half the cheese.
- 7REPEAT with remaining potato, meat sauce and cheese.
- 8Cover and bake at 350*F (180*C) oven for 45 minutes- or until the potatoes are tender.
- 9Uncover and bake for a further 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- 10TIP: If covering dish with foil, spray foil with non-stick vegetable spray to prevent cheese from sticking to it.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (614 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 729.8
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 1232.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 42.0 g