Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another great change of pace casserole!
Make and share this Potato Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, cut into 1/4 inch pieces (about 5 slices)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, defrosted and liquid squeezed out
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices (about 4 large)
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 4 ounces swiss cheese or 4 ounces cheddar cheese or 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine bacon and onion.
- Cook until the onion is carmelized and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the spinach; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, salt and oregano; set aside.
- Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with vegetable spary.
- Arrange a layer of potatoes, overlapping slightly.
- Spread the tomatoes evenly on top of the potatoes.
- Pour 1/3 of the milk mixture over the tomatoes.
- Add another layer of potatoes and then the bacon-spinach mixture, spreading evenly.
- Top with another third of the milk mixture.
- Finish with the last layer of potatoes and sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
- Drizzle the remaining milk mixture over the dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest, covered for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.