1 hr 10 mins
Another great change of pace casserole!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb bacon, cut into 1/4 inch pieces (about 5 slices)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, defrosted and liquid squeezed out
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices (about 4 large)
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 4 ounces swiss cheese or 4 ounces cheddar cheese or 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Heat oven to 450°F.
- 2In a large skillet over medium heat, combine bacon and onion.
- 3Cook until the onion is carmelized and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and mix in the spinach; set aside.
- 5Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, salt and oregano; set aside.
- 6Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with vegetable spary.
- 7Arrange a layer of potatoes, overlapping slightly.
- 8Spread the tomatoes evenly on top of the potatoes.
- 9Pour 1/3 of the milk mixture over the tomatoes.
- 10Add another layer of potatoes and then the bacon-spinach mixture, spreading evenly.
- 11Top with another third of the milk mixture.
- 12Finish with the last layer of potatoes and sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
- 13Drizzle the remaining milk mixture over the dish.
- 14Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- 15Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- 16Remove from oven and let rest, covered for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (625 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.8
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.8 mg
- Sodium 1075.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 19.8 g