Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 box potato, mashed (8 to 12 servings)
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (margarine)
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 box lasagna noodle
- 5 onions
- Make lasagna first. Boil for 8 minutes (slightly hard); rinse with cold water, drain and let sit. Make mashed potatoes; saute 5 onions and 1 to 21 1/2 cups margarine on low heat until onions are soft. Grat e Cheddar cheese and add to potatoes; add onions and butter mixture. (Leave a little out to spread on top when through layering.) In 9 x 13-inch pan, layer butter on bottom of pan, then lasagna noodles, then potato mixture. After 3 layers (lasagna on top), spread remaining butter and onions on top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Note: The layers of the potato mix should not be more than 1/2-inch deep.
Great recipe. I added salt, pepper, sugar, thyme & rosemary to the onions and deglazed the pan with white wine. I'm not big on butter so I use herbs and wine to get the taste.