1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Patty Mae's Note:
I got this recipe from a friend, who got it from her Ukrainian mother. It’s delicious right out of the oven. It’s even better the next day, sliced and toasted or grilled. I serve it with a dollop of sour cream and apple butter on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon in a large heavy skillet until crisp. Remove bacon.
- 2Sauté chopped onion in bacon drippings until translucent. Set aside.
- 3Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
- 4Peel potatoes and grate coarsely into milk mixture.
- 5Add crumbled bacon and cooked onion (including bacon drippings).
- 6Stir well and pour into a greased 13” x 9” baking pan.
- 7Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes.
- 8Reduce heat to 350°F and bake 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.0
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 131.2 mg
- Sodium 307.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 12.3 g