Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this in Good Housekeeping. I haven't tried it yet, but sounds very good!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lb potato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat, combine broth and water.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and carrot; cover and cook for 5 minute.
- Add chicken, zucchini, onions, and basil; bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until chicken is opaque throughout, about 7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This made for a very pleasant lunch, a good pick for somebody avoiding salt. The basil flavor came through nicely. Thanks, Mariposa.