Top Review by Jangomango
Drop dead sensational! And dead easy to make. I can't believe no one has tried this yet. Fabulously rich, so don't even look at it if you are on any sort of diet. I needed more salt and pepper than I expected. For some reason I thought that boursin cheese was loaded with it, but it's not. My family have issues with red potatoes, so I just used Russets the first time, cut into 1/8" slices, and Yukon golds second time. Both worked fine. A very magnificent potato gratin.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (5 ounce) package boursin cheese
- 3 lbs red potatoes, peeled,thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter 9x13 baking dish with 2" high sides.
- Stir cream and boursin in heavy saucepan over medium heat until cheese melts and mixture is smooth.
- Arrange 1/2 of the potatoes in baking dish, season and pour 1/2 ov the cream mixture over.
- Repeat Bake until top is golden and potatoes are tender.
- About 1 hour.