Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter 9x13 baking dish with 2" high sides.
- Stir cream and boursin in heavy saucepan over medium heat until cheese melts and mixture is smooth.
- Arrange 1/2 of the potatoes in baking dish, season and pour 1/2 ov the cream mixture over.
- Repeat Bake until top is golden and potatoes are tender.
- About 1 hour.
Drop dead sensational! And dead easy to make. I can't believe no one has tried this yet. Fabulously rich, so don't even look at it if you are on any sort of diet. I needed more salt and pepper than I expected. For some reason I thought that boursin cheese was loaded with it, but it's not. My family have issues with red potatoes, so I just used Russets the first time, cut into 1/8" slices, and Yukon golds second time. Both worked fine. A very magnificent potato gratin.
I have used this recipe before and everyone's right- it is WONDERFUL and an impressive side dish- just don't tell anyone how easy it is! Guests always rave about it! I have also had success using the light boursin and either half and half or the LandOLakes fat-free heavy cream instead of the heavy cream for those time when we're more calorie conscious! It's originally from Bon Appetite "Entertaining with Style" 1996.
Fantastic! This is my "special occasion" gratin of potato dish. I usually use Yukon golds, though. I've made this dish several times, and when it's all gone, my husband and I stare at the baking dish, trying to decide if we are crass enough to actually lick the dish clean to get every drop (LOL). If you haven't tried this, you should. It's fantastic.