Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
We make this at holidays, but with the ability of getting good broth now, you can have it anytime! It's potatoes with onions and diced bread added. It has been a hit for everyone I serve it to. Since I'm a grandma and have been serving it for about 38 yrs, that's saying a lot. I don't know what the exact name is. We just called it holiday potatoes. I now call it potato filling.
- Prepare the potatoes.
- Fry the bread, onions, salt and pepper in olive oil until brown and crispy.
- Stir bread mixture into potatoes.
- Add turkey drippings until smooth.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. If you make it a day ahead, bake for 45 minutes. The top should be crispy.
- It makes great leftovers!