Sam's Perogies Sweet Potato Filling
I was helping my DD make perogies for her school. She cooked up sweet potatoes. Made dough using almond meal. Tossed sweet goodness into the potatoes and walla a yummy Perogie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups almond meal
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- water, as needed depends on how dry flour is you may not need any
Sweet potato filling
- 3 -4 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons milk, warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 pinch salt
- black pepper
- butter, for frying
- In a food processor with the blade and pulse flour and salt.
- Add eggs and cream cheese run processor till crumbly about 20 seconds. Then through tube slowly add lukewarm water till dough comes into a ball. Process 6 seconds.
- If sticky just add a little more flour.
- Let rest 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix all the filling ingredients together taste and adjust seasonings and set aside.
- Roll half the dough on floured surface to about 1/16 inch thick.
- Cut out 5 inch circles using a glass or cookie form.
- Fill each circle with about 2 tablespoons of filling.
- Fold over making sure edges are sealed and no air pockets.
- If dough won`t seal lightly brush water on edges and pinch together.
- Continue till all dough and filling is used up.
- Cook in salted boiling water with a touch of olive oil.
- Cook 10 at a time do not over-crowd.
- Stir to avoid sticking.
- About 3 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and place in bowl.
- Brown in a hot pan with butter to coat.
- Repeat till all are cooked.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation