Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Traditional Welsh recipe from my Nan.
Make and share this Potato Farl recipe from Food.com.
- Peel potatoes and boil until fork tender.
- Drain well; return to saucepan over low heat. Add butter; mash potatoes well. Stir in flour and salt.
- Gather mixture into a ball; turn onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead lightly until smooth. Divide dough in half.
- Roll out one half into an 8 inches (20 cm) circle, about 1/4 inches thick. Cut into quarters; set aside.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat half the oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook dough quarters in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown, adding more oil as necessary.
- Serve warm.
These were yummy Coasty. I cut the recipe down for one person. It worked really well. These potatoe pancakes were awesome, flavorful and quick and easy to make. I enjoyed them for lunch yesterday. I garnished with sour cream, coarse salt and sliced green onions. Thanks for sharing your nana's recipe. I will be making these again. Made for Aussie Swap #39 :)