1/3 Photos of Potato Farl
Traditional Welsh recipe from my Nan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and boil until fork tender.
- 2Drain well; return to saucepan over low heat. Add butter; mash potatoes well. Stir in flour and salt.
- 3Gather mixture into a ball; turn onto lightly floured surface.
- 4Knead lightly until smooth. Divide dough in half.
- 5Roll out one half into an 8 inches (20 cm) circle, about 1/4 inches thick. Cut into quarters; set aside.
- 6Repeat with remaining dough.
- 7In large nonstick skillet, heat half the oil over medium-high heat.
- 8Cook dough quarters in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown, adding more oil as necessary.
- 9Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Farl
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.7
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 227.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g