- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped (6 cups)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded American cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-1/2 or 4 quart crockery cooker combine potatoes, water, onion, boulillon granules, and pepper. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 9-11 hours or on high heat setting 4 to 4-1/2 hours.
- Stir cheese and milk into soup. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 1 hour more or on high-heat setting for 30 minutes more. Mash potatoes slightly.