Recipe by Izzy Knight
My husband's favourite. Heavenly! It WON'T curdle (i promise) if using the KRAFt Old English Cheese.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Izzy, my sister has always raved about my mother's potato cheese soup. I served this the other night and she said this was even better! The recipe did not make enough for my entire family, so all I did was add another jar of cheese spread, another potato and a can of chicken broth. Scrumptious!
- 2 -3 large potatoes (prefer White Rose)
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 (5 -10 ounce) jar Kraft Old English cheese spread (Kraft Brand with blue lid)
Directions See How It's Made
- Take ONE potato, cut into medium dice.
- place cut-up potato and water to pan, cook til potatoes VERY soft.
- Mash it with potatoes masher (leave the water).
- cut remaining potatoes to bite size.
- Add them to the mashed potatoes in the water.
- Add more water (depends on how much's evaporated).
- Cook the bite-size potatoes til tender.
- Meanwhile, Saute bacon, onion, celery til transparent.
- Once potatoes tender, add bacon/celery mixture and the evaporated milk.
- continue boiling and stir.
- Add the cheese.
- taste, adjust to your own liking.