Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a light and delicious loaf of bread made with instant mashed potato flakes. It was my first truly successful attempt at using my new bread machine, and I plan on making it again and again! If I didn't screw it up it must be foolproof! I found this online somewhere, but I'm ashamed to say I forgot where. This makes one 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper (optional-i omit)
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add all ingredients to bread machine in order listed, or as recommended by your bread machine.
- Select desired setting and press start.
- I make this using the basic cycle and the lightest crust setting.
This turned out excellent. I used just the dough cycle and let it rise and baked at 350 in reg pans . It makes 2 nice loaves. Thanks
What a wonderful loaf, Kree! I used canola oil, 2% milk and also omitted the white pepper (since I didn't have any)! This was definitely a winner. The loaf was very light and tasted absolutely wonderful! I'll definitely be making this on a regular basis. Thanks for posting!
I followed recipe exactly (except white pepper) and it did not turn out at all!! It didn't form the dough or anything