I just love eggs and often eat breakfast for dinner. Came across this recipe on the Internet and decided to post it for the Zaar World Tour. This particular one is so loaded with good things, it's a one dish meal. Or you can serve it with a simple salad and a little garlic or peasant bread. The original recipe calls for 4 tablespoons of oil, but I'm planning to cut that in half.
- Peel and cut the potatoes in 1/2 - 3/4 inch cubes. Cook in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- While potatoes are cooking chop the onions and peppers, crush the garlic.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and garlic, cook for 4 minutes, add the red pepper and peas, cook for 3 minutes then transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the potatoes and cook for 8 minutes stirring, add the onion mixture, sprinkle the parsley, and mix well with the potatoes.
- Beat the eggs, add with the cheese and season with pepper to taste. Pour over the mixture evenly. Reduce the heat and cook for about 10 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- This omelette works well either hot or served at room temperature.