Recipe by justcallmetoni
I just love eggs and often eat breakfast for dinner. Came across this recipe on the Internet and decided to post it for the Zaar World Tour. This particular one is so loaded with good things, it's a one dish meal. Or you can serve it with a simple salad and a little garlic or peasant bread. The original recipe calls for 4 tablespoons of oil, but I'm planning to cut that in half.
Top Review by Keveronii and Cheese
Great omelet and very easy to make. I personally love vegetables, so this is by far one of my favorite recipes to try. I made smaller versions, but the taste was still spectacular! I added a small amount of chopped chorizo sausage for a bit of kick as well. Great job Toni!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes (about 3 medium sized)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 6 large eggs
- 2 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, grated (mild is best)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut the potatoes in 1/2 - 3/4 inch cubes. Cook in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- While potatoes are cooking chop the onions and peppers, crush the garlic.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and garlic, cook for 4 minutes, add the red pepper and peas, cook for 3 minutes then transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the potatoes and cook for 8 minutes stirring, add the onion mixture, sprinkle the parsley, and mix well with the potatoes.
- Beat the eggs, add with the cheese and season with pepper to taste. Pour over the mixture evenly. Reduce the heat and cook for about 10 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- This omelette works well either hot or served at room temperature.