1/1 Photo of Potato and Vegetable Omelet (Bulgarian Style)
I just love eggs and often eat breakfast for dinner. Came across this recipe on the Internet and decided to post it for the Zaar World Tour. This particular one is so loaded with good things, it's a one dish meal. Or you can serve it with a simple salad and a little garlic or peasant bread. The original recipe calls for 4 tablespoons of oil, but I'm planning to cut that in half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and cut the potatoes in 1/2 - 3/4 inch cubes. Cook in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2While potatoes are cooking chop the onions and peppers, crush the garlic.
- 3Heat half the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and garlic, cook for 4 minutes, add the red pepper and peas, cook for 3 minutes then transfer to a plate.
- 4Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the potatoes and cook for 8 minutes stirring, add the onion mixture, sprinkle the parsley, and mix well with the potatoes.
- 5Beat the eggs, add with the cheese and season with pepper to taste. Pour over the mixture evenly. Reduce the heat and cook for about 10 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- 6This omelette works well either hot or served at room temperature.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Vegetable Omelet (Bulgarian Style)
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.4
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 281.9 mg
- Sodium 237.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 18.5 g