This is a dish that I have prepared without writing down. So that last time I made it I wrote it down to share. We like breakfast for dinner and this makes a hearty meal for the two of us.
- Ready In:
- 1 -2 tablespoon canola oil (can use butter)
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced to your desire thickness
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic (can use less (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (can use more or less)
- 8 ounces kielbasa, sliced into bite size (beef or pork)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon water
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Heat oil or butter in large skillet (I use my iron skillet).
- Add potatoes slices and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add onion slices and stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, red pepper flakes and Kielbasa.
- Continue to cook until potatoes are browned, stir occasionally. Cooking time will depend on how thick you sliced your potatoes.
- Beat eggs with sour cream and water.
- Add to pan over Kielbasa and potato mixture.
- Cook and stir until eggs are fluffy and cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very tasty! I make something similar with just the sausage and potatoes, but adding the eggs makes it a great breakfast dish; or as we had it, 'breakfast for dinner'. I left out the red pepper flakes cause we do not like the heat and seasoned with seasoning salt and pepper. Made for Best of 2012 Cookbook Tag.1Reply
see 7 more