Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mom made the Cucumber Salad since I was a child. I added the potatoes after having an abundance of them one year.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 cups sliced boiled potatoes
- 1 cup sliced peeled cucumber
- 1 onion, sliced in rings
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place salt, pepper, oil and vinegar in a plastic bowl with a lid.
- Add sliced potatoes, cucumbers and onion rings.
- Cover and tumble, coating everything.
- Place in refrigerator for one or two hours.
- Add remaining ingredients to the vegetables and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with paprika and basil.
- Chill until ready to serve.
This was scrumptious! What a lovely marriage of flavors. I can't pick out any one thing that is special, because everything is great just the way it is. Thnx for posting, Adessa.
Lovely tasting potato salad! Loved the taste of the marinade, and the bonus of the creamy taste. It was a little "runny", but I probably didn't drain mine well enough! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
Oh what a surprise! Putting two of my favorite salads together... brilliant! I love marinated cucumbers (mom did it all the time growing up) & I love creamy potato salad. This combination of the two is really refreshing. It was so simple to throw together too. DH & DS(15) both said it was the addition of cucumber that really made this salad pop. DD(2) is eating it again for breakfast... hey, when you got a picky toddler you gotta feed them whatever they'll eat! We will be making this one again. Thanks for sharing Adessa! Adopted from the PAC Spring 2008 orphanage.